Almond-Croissant Bread Pudding
- 6 large croissants, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 8 large eggs, beaten slightly
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond paste (3 ounces), cut into bits
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch pan and place the smallest croissant rounds in a layer at
the bottom, then top with a layer of the larger ones.
- Whisk eggs and sugar well together, then add milk, Amaretto and vanilla extract,
mixing well. Pour over croissant rounds.
- Sprinkle with almond paste and push down
with a spoon so that the bread absorbs the liquid. Let set for 10 minutes at room
- Sprinkle almonds all over the top and bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes
or until golden and puffed.
- Serve warm or room temperature.