Almond-Croissant Bread Pudding
- 6 large croissants, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 8 large eggs, beaten slightly
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond paste (3 ounces), cut into bits
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch pan and place the smallest croissant rounds in a layer at
the bottom, then top with a layer of the larger ones.
- Whisk eggs and sugar well together, then add milk, Amaretto and vanilla extract,
mixing well. Pour over croissant rounds.
- Sprinkle with almond paste and push down
with a spoon so that the bread absorbs the liquid. Let set for 10 minutes at room
- Sprinkle almonds all over the top and bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes
or until golden and puffed.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.