Arroyo Chocolate Bread Pudding
The chocolate chips melt and ooze into every crack and crevice.
- 2 1/2 cups bread cubes
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl.
- Heat milk to a boil and then pour over bread.
Let set for five minutes.
- Add butter, honey and salt and mix well. Let cool for several minutes.
- Mix in eggs, vanilla extract, raisins and chocolate chips. Pour mixture into
greased baking dish.
- Place dish in a pan of hot water and bake in oven at 350 degrees
F for one hour, or until pudding is firm.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.