Banana Bread Pudding (Cajun)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 slices bread, cubed
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- Grated lemon peel
- Whisk eggs, milk, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Add bread and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the bananas.
- Grease a 1 1/2-quart casserole. Add the bread mixture.
- Place the dish in a larger baking pan and add hot water until it
reaches 1 1/2 inches up the sides of the inside pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the water and
allow to cool on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon peel.