Banana Bread Pudding 2
- 4 cups cubed day old French sour dough bread (1-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine melted
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced firm bananas (1/4-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place bread cubes in a greased 2-quart casserole. Pour butter over and toss to
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs, add milk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg
- Stir in bananas. Pour over bread cubes and stir to coat.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes clean.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch and add to the butter.
- Stir in milk and corn syrup.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Serve warm sauce over warm pudding.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 4, 2001.
Source: Bakery Shoppe