Bananas Foster Bread Pudding
- 1 (12 ounce) loaf stale French bread, broken into small pieces
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 sliced bananas
Bananas Foster Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 4 ounces dark rum
- 2 ounces banana liqueur
- 2 bananas, cut into small pieces
- Bread Pudding: Combine all ingredients; mixture should be very moist but not soupy.
- Pour into buttered 9 x 13-inch dish. Place on middle rack of cold oven; bake in a 350
degrees F oven for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with Bananas Foster Sauce.
- Bananas Foster Sauce: Melt butter and add brown sugar to form a creamy paste.
Stir in liquors until smooth sauce is formed.
- Add bananas and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve over warm bread pudding.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.