Bananas Foster Bread Pudding
- 1 (12 ounce) loaf stale French bread, broken into small pieces
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 sliced bananas
Bananas Foster Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 4 ounces dark rum
- 2 ounces banana liqueur
- 2 bananas, cut into small pieces
- Combine all ingredients; mixture should be very moist but not soupy.
- Pour into
buttered 9 x 13-inch dish. Place on middle rack of cold oven; bake in a 350
degrees F oven
for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with Bananas Foster Sauce.
- Bananas Foster Sauce: Melt butter and add brown sugar to form a creamy paste.
Stir in liquors until smooth sauce is formed.
- Add bananas and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve over warm bread pudding.