Biscuit Bread Pudding
This rich, old-fashioned custard dessert is made simple with Pillsbury® biscuits.
Prep: 20 min | Total: 1 hr 15 min | Yield: 12 servings
- 12 Pillsbury® Grands!® frozen buttermilk biscuits (from 16 ounce bag)
- 8 eggs
- 4 1/2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Caramel topping, warmed, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake biscuits as directed on bag. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, generously spray twelve 10 ounce custard cups or twelve 4 1/2 x 1 1/4 inch disposable foil tart pans with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, sugar, raisins, cinnamon and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Cut baked biscuits into 1-inch cubes. Add to egg mixture; mix well. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Divide biscuit mixture evenly among custard cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until set.
- With knife or metal spatula, loosen edges of each pudding; slide onto dessert plate.
- Drizzle with warm topping.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Follow High Altitude directions on bag when baking biscuits. Gradually stir 1/4 cup all-purpose flour into ingredients in step 2. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: