Blueberry Bread Pudding
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf sliced, firm-textured white bread, crusts removed
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Butter an 8-inch square baking dish; set aside. Cut bread in 1/2-inch cubes (makes
about 7 cups).
- In the prepared baking dish, layer half of the bread cubes and half the blueberries;
sprinkle with all the cream cheese; cover with remaining bread cubes and blueberries.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, salt, and cinnamon; pour over bread. Gently
press bread down to absorb milk mixture; refrigerate, covered, at least 20 minutes
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Bake uncovered, until knife inserted near the center
comes out clean, about 1 hour; let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Slice in 8 rectangles.
- Serve with blueberry syrup, if desired.
Yields 8 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.