Blueberry Cornbread Pudding
with Blueberry Jam Sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 cups cornbread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen (thawed) blueberries or 1 (15 ounce) can blueberries (drained)
Blueberry Jam Sauce
- 1/2 cup blueberry jam or preserves
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan; set aside.
- Pudding: On a large baking sheet, spread cornbread crumbs in a single layer; bake until
toasted, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Whisk in milk, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir in blueberries and reserved toasted cornbread.
- Pour into prepared pan; cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake until top is lightly browned and center is firm, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cut into 9 squares; serve warm with Blueberry Jam Sauce.
- Blueberry Jam Sauce: In a microwave-safe bowl, stir together 1/2 cup blueberry
jam or preserves, 2 tablespoons orange juice and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Heat on
HIGH until warm, about 30 seconds. Or, in a small saucepan, stir ingredients
together and cook over medium heat until warm, about 3 minutes.
Makes 9 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bread Pudding Recipes