Bread Pudding with Butter Pecan Sauce
Yield: 8 servings
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup Half-and-Half
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 loaf Texas toast, torn into pieces
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon butter pecan extract
- Combine all pudding ingredients except bread. Add bread and allow to soak up liquid, about 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish, and pour bread mixture into pan.
- Bake about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve with sauce.
- To make sauce, place sugar and water in small saucepan over high heat and cook, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook without stirring, just washing down sides of pan with a pastry brush dipped in water until sauce has turned caramel color (about 15 minutes).
- Remove syrup from heat. Let cool slightly, then slowly add cream, butter and extract, being sure hot syrup doesn't spatter. Stir until smooth.
- Serve on bread pudding.