Bread Pudding with Butter Pecan Sauce
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 loaf Texas toast, torn into pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon butter pecan extract
- Combine all pudding ingredients except bread. Add bread and allow to soak up
liquid, about 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish, and
pour bread mixture into pan.
- Bake about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve with sauce.
- To make sauce, place sugar and water in small saucepan over high heat and cook,
stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook without stirring, just washing down sides of pan
with a pastry brush dipped in water until sauce has turned caramel color (about
- Remove syrup from heat. Let cool slightly, then slowly add cream, butter
and extract, being sure hot syrup doesn't spatter. Stir until smooth.
- Serve on bread pudding.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bread Pudding Recipes