Bread Pudding with Raspberry Sauce
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 4 eggs plus 2 yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups milk
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Whipped cream (optional)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Bread Pudding: Butter 1 side of bread, layer slices, (butter side up) in a 2
quart greased shallow dish.
- Beat together eggs, yolks, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon
- Heat milk and cream until small bubbles appear around edges.
- Gradually beat into egg mixture. Pour over bread.
- Place baking dish in larger pan; add hot
water to 1 inch up side of dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Top with confectioners' sugar.
- Broil for 1 minute until sugar melts.
- Glaze with Raspberry Sauce.
- Raspberry Sauce: Blend raspberries through strainer, discard seeds. Puree raspberries.
- In a small saucepan mix cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in raspberry
puree. Stir constantly over medium heat until thickened and boiling. Boil for 1 minute.
Remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Serve with bread pudding.
- Spoon sauce on plate, top with pudding and a dollop of whipped cream.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.