Bread Pudding with
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups toasted bread cubes, torn into 1/2-inch pieces*
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 champagne mangos, peeled, pitted and sliced**
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup golden or dark rum
* Toast firm white bread (not sourdough).
** If desired, substitute 2 medium-large peeled peaches for the mangos.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bread Pudding: Beat eggs in a medium bowl.
- Stir in milk, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in bread cubes.
- Pour into well-buttered 1 1/2-quart glass baking dish.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until top of pudding is golden brown and knife inserted
into center comes out clean.
- To serve, spoon pudding into dessert bowls and top with rum-flavored mangos.
- Rum Flavored Mangoes: Melt butter in medium skillet.
- Add mangos. Cook over medium-high
heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until mangos are tender and glazed with
- Stir in salt and sugar, and heat until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in rum. Increase heat to high.
- Cook for 1 minute, scraping bottom of skillet and stirring constantly, until
sauce thickens slightly and raw rum taste cooks off.
Makes 2 or 3 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.