Bread Pudding with Orange Sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 6 cups French bread cubes (about 8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bread Pudding: Place bread cubes and raisins in buttered 9-inch baking pan.
- Mix together eggs, sweetened condensed milk, hot water, butter, orange
rind, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt. Pour evenly over bread, moistening completely.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Orange Sauce: In saucepan, combine orange juice, sugar and cornstarch. Over medium
heat, cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve with warm bread pudding.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bread Pudding Recipes