Bread Pudding with Orange Sauce
- 6 cups French bread cubes (about 8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bread Pudding: Place bread cubes and raisins in buttered 9-inch baking pan.
- Mix together eggs, sweetened condensed milk, hot water, butter, orange
rind, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt. Pour evenly over bread, moistening completely.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Orange Sauce: In saucepan, combine orange juice, sugar and cornstarch. Over medium
heat, cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve with warm bread pudding.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.