Bread Pudding with Orange Sauce
- 6 cups (about 8 ounces) French bread cubes
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place bread cubes and raisins in buttered 9-inch baking pan.
- Mix together eggs, sweetened condensed milk, hot water, butter, orange rind, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt. Pour evenly over bread, moistening completely.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine orange juice, sugar and cornstarch. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve with warm bread pudding.