Butter Pecan Bread Pudding
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 teaspoon butter for greasing pan
- 3 cups (about 4 ounces) cubed egg bread, such as brioche, challah or favorite egg bread (with raisins if desired)
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Generously butter a 9 inch pie pan; set aside.
- Place the bread cubes in the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with the butterscotch chips and 1/4 cup of the pecans.
- In a small saucepan, bring the milk and brown sugar to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a small bowl and gradually whisk in the hot milk mixture.
- Pour the custard evenly over the bread.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of nuts.
- Bake until the pudding is puffed and crusty on top, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.