Butterscotch Bread Pudding
- 3 cups milk, scalded
- 1 1/2 cups bread cubes
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 1-quart baking dish.
- Pour scalded milk in bowl; soak bread in milk. Cool.
- Cook brown sugar with butter, stirring until melted; add to milk mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients; blend.
- Turn into baking dish.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until set.