Butterscotch Pecan Bread Pudding
The ultimate comfort food, Butterscotch Pecan Bread Pudding. Home baked goodness.
Prep: 30 min | Bake: 35 min | Yield: 12 servings
- 8 cups Rhodes Bread or Rolls, baked and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (11 ounce) package butterscotch morsels, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spread bread or roll cubes, 2/3 cup butterscotch morsels and pecans in the bottom of a sprayed 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- In a heavy saucepan, cook 1 cup milk over medium heat, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes (do not boil).
- Remove from heat and add remaining butterscotch morsels, stirring until melted.
- Add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining 1 cup milk, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Gradually stir about 1/4 of hot butterscotch mixture into egg mixture.
- Add egg mixture to remaining hot butterscotch mixture stirring constantly. Pour over bread cubes in baking pan. Press bread cubes down to absorb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired.