Butterscotch Pecan Bread Pudding
The ultimate comfort food, Butterscotch Pecan Bread Pudding. Home baked
- 8 cups Rhodes Bread or Rolls, baked and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (11 ounce) package butterscotch morsels, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spread bread or roll cubes, 2/3 cup butterscotch morsels and pecans in
the bottom of a sprayed 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- In a heavy saucepan, cook 1 cup milk over medium heat, stirring often, 3
to 5 minutes (do not boil).
- Remove from heat and add remaining butterscotch morsels, stirring until
- Add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining 1 cup milk, eggs and vanilla
- Gradually stir about 1/4 of hot butterscotch mixture into egg mixture.
- Add egg mixture to remaining hot butterscotch mixture stirring
constantly. Pour over bread cubes in baking pan. Press bread cubes down to
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Servings: 12 | Prep Time: 30 min | Bake Time: 35 min
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bread Pudding Recipes