Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
with Caramel Sauce
This delicious, comforting pudding is served with a rich, gooey caramel sauce.
Apple Bread Pudding
- 4 cups white bread, cut into cubes
- 4 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup almonds, toasted and chopped (optional garnish)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Apple Bread Pudding: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Dry bread cubes on cookie sheet in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients except cinnamon, apples,
raisins and butter.
- Peel, core and chop apples. Plump raisins in boiling water 5 minutes; drain.
- Toss bread, apples, cinnamon and raisins together; pour into prepared baking pan.
- Pour pudding mixture over bread cube mixture. Let sit for 10 minutes to
make sure bread is fully soaked. Dab butter over top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. Pudding should be set in center, but not dry.
- Spoon warm pudding into serving dishes; spoon on warm Caramel Sauce (recipe follows).
- Garnish with chopped, toasted almonds, if desired.
- Caramel Sauce: In 4-cup glass container, melt butter in microwave on HIGH for 45-60
- Whisk in brown sugar and cream until blended. Microwave for 2-2 1/2 minutes
more, until bubbly and slightly thickened. Stir as needed.
- Serve warm.
Yields 8-10 servings | 1 1/3 cups sauce