Caramel Banana Cornbread Pudding
- 1 (8-ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, divided
- 3 cups 2 percent low-fat milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce or topping
- Prepare corn muffins according to package instructions. Cool. Crumble 4 muffins
into large chunks.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly butter a 2-quart or 8-inch-square ceramic
baking dish or 6 small (8–ounce) ramekins.
- Arrange banana slices in the dish.
- Top with 1/4 cup of the brown sugar and chunks of corn muffins.
- Combine milk, eggs,
remaining brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon; whisk well. Pour over muffins.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Serve warm.
Nutritional Information: Per serving: 411 calories, 10g fat, 10g prot., 74g
carbs., 3g fiber, 358mg sodium