Caramel Bread Pudding
- 1 quart milk
- 1/2 plus 2/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 cups broken bread slices (2 or 3 pieces, lightly packed)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat milk to boiling point.
- At the same time, melt 1/2 cup sugar in iron skillet.
When sugar is caramelized, pour it into heated milk and stir until sugar is completely
dissolved in the milk. Remove from heat.
- Add broken bread slices to milk and sugar
mixture. Let stand for 1/2 hour.
- In another bowl, beat eggs slightly.
- Add 2/3 cup sugar, vanilla extract and salt to egg mixture.
- Mix ingredients thoroughly and add to milk, bread and sugar mixture.
- Pour into greased pudding pan and bake at 350 degrees F for one hour.
- Let cool and serve with heavy or whipped cream.
This gets better after refrigerating for several days.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bread Pudding Recipes