Cherry Almond Bread Pudding
- 1 (14 ounce) package Margherite cookies, broken into thirds
- 1 (12 ounce) package
frozen dark sweet cherries, thawed and drained or 1 (16 1/2 ounce)
can pitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup granulated
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Place cookie pieces and cherries in lightly greased 9-inch square baking dish;
- Blend milk, sugar, eggs, margarine or butter and extract. Pour over cookies,
stirring to coat well; let stand 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 to 70 minutes or until knife inserted in center
comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before serving.
Makes 9 servings.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.