Cherry Bread and Butter Pudding
- 12 slices white bread
- 1 (10 ounce) jar cherry preserves
- 4 eggs
- 2 2/3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Cut crusts from bread. Spread butter on one side of each slice. Arrange four
slices in bottom of 8-inch square baking dish.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons of preserves on each slice.
- Repeat, making two more layers.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs; add milk, sugar and extract and stir well until
mixed. Pour over bread.
- Bake in preheated 325 degrees F oven for one hour.
- Refrigerate or serve warm from the oven.