Chocolate Bread Pudding with Raspberry Sauce
- 1 loaf French bread
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups skim milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 package frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed
- Pudding: Cube bread and place in a large bowl.
- Combine milk, cocoa, sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Add egg whites and stir. Pour mixture over bread. Cover
and let stand in refrigerator for 30-45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place mixture in an ovenproof dish and place in a water bath (about 1-inch).
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Raspberry Sauce: Puree raspberries in blender. Strain through sieve to remove
- Refrigerate sauce until serving time.
- Use 2 tablespoons sauce per serving.
- Place sauce on plate, place pudding on sauce and garnish with fresh berries.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 10/9/2001 6:08 pm.