Chocolate-Cherry Bread Pudding
- 8 (3 ounce) chocolate or plain croissants
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 cups (1 quart) whipping cream
- 4 eggs plus 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cr me de cacao
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (3/4 cup if using chocolate croissants)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cut croissants into 1-inch cubes. Put in large, nonreactive bowl.
- Combine cherries
and orange juice in saucepan over medium heat and poach until cherries soften.
- In another bowl, whisk together cream, eggs, egg yolks, sugar, creme de cacao
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Add cherries to croissant cubes and stir to combine.
Pour the cream mixture over croissants and soak for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bread Pudding Recipes