Coconut Almond Bread Pudding
Why not try some "comfort food" this weekend? Make our Coconut Almond Bread Pudding,
just like Grandma used to bake.
- 1 pan Rhodes™ Warm-N-Serv Buttery Dinner Rolls or Sticky Buns
- 1/2 cup coconut,
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pint whipping cream or 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Caramel topping, if desired
- Allow rolls to thaw enough that you can cut each one into 8 equal pieces to make
1-inch cubes. Place half of the roll cubes in the bottom of a sprayed 9 x 9-inch
- Sprinkle with half of the coconut and half of the almonds.
- Repeat with
remaining roll cubes, coconut and almonds. If any of the sticky glaze remains in
the pan, scrap it out and place on top of roll cubes.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, except the caramel topping, and
mix well. Pour mixture evenly over roll cubes.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one
- Remove cover and bake at 350 degrees F 50-60 minutes (cover with foil last 15
minutes of baking to prevent over browning).
- Serve warm, drizzled with caramel topping, if desired.
Reprinted with permission from
Rhodes International - rhodesbread.com.
Servings: 6 | Skills: Beginning | Prep Time: 10 min (not including thaw time)
| Bake Time: 50-60 min