Coconut Pecan Chocolate Bread Pudding
A very easy-to-make rich, decadent chocolate bread pudding with coconut and toasted
- 1/2 cup coconut, sweetened
- 2 cups milk
- 3 1/2 cups cream
- 5 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup C&H Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1 cup chocolate pieces, coarsely chopped or chocolate chips
- 4 cups bread, French or Italian, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the coconut, milk and cream in pot. Cook over medium high heat until hot.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, yolks, sugar, salt and vanilla extract until
- Slowly whisk in hot coconut milk to make custard.
- Scatter pecan pieces and chocolate pieces in bottom of 9-inch square pan.
- Put bread on top.
- Pour custard over bread.
- Bake until a skewer inserted in the middle
comes out coated with a thickened custard, about 40 minutes.
- Cool slightly before eating.
Can be reheated.
Cooking Time: 40 min | Serves 8 to 10
Recipe courtesy of Chef Emily Luchetti.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
C&H Cane Sugar