Coconut Bread Pudding
- 1 pound loaf white bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, julienned
- 30 ounces
Coco Lopez cream of coconut
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate shavings
- Toasted coconut
- Powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line bottom of a 10 x 13 x 3-inch pan with half of the white bread.
- Evenly sprinkle
half of the julienne apricots and half of the shredded coconut over the white bread.
- Top that with the remaining bread cubes and then the remaining apricots and coconut.
- In a sauce pan, heat milk, coconut cream, vanilla extract and granulated sugar until
the sugar completely dissolves and the milk is tepid but not hot. Stir occasionally.
Remove from heat.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the eggs, then temper them by slowly adding 1
cup of warm milk mixture while stirring.
- Slowly pour the egg/milk mixture back in
the warm milk and stir until well incorporated.
- Ladle the mixture over the bread,
making sure all the bread gets moist.
- Cover with foil and bake in a water bath for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and bake for
another 5-10 minutes until golden.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on one side and whipped cream on
- Sprinkle whipped cream with chocolate shavings and dust bread pudding
with powdered sugar.
- Finish with toasted coconut on the ice cream.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.