Creme Brulee Bread Pudding
The delicious flavors of Creme Brulee baked into an old fashioned bread pudding.
Prep: 20 min | Bake: 40 min | Yield: 8 to 12 servings
- 1 loaf Rhodes Bread or 12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, baked as directed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut bread or rolls into 1 inch cubes and set aside.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring often. Simmer until smooth and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture into sprayed 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Add bread cubes on top of the brown sugar mixture and press down slightly.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla extract and salt. Pour over bread cubes.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate a few hours or overnight.
- Take out of refrigerator and let come to room temperature. Remove plastic and bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.
- Carefully invert onto serving tray or baking sheet.
- Serve warm with strawberries, if desired.