Creole Bread Pudding
- 3 loaves French bread, cut into cubes
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 gallon whole milk (no substitutes)
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 2 sticks butter (no substitutes), melted
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Nutmeg to taste
- Cinnamon to taste
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 8 to 10 ounces confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Bourbon, brandy or cognac to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, pour milk over the cubed French bread. Let the bread absorb the
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well with hands. Pour into pan (which has
been coated with non-stick cooking spray) and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: Combine all ingredients.
- Serve the pudding while rather warm with a big spoonful of sauce on top.
Let the sauce melt into and down the sides of the Creole bread pudding.