Death by Chocolate Bread Pudding
- 3 cups chocolate milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup pecans,
- 6 cups 3/4-inch bread cubes
- Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 11 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Scald milk over medium heat or in a microwave.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and salt until blended.
in hot chocolate milk.
- Stir in chocolate chips, pecans and bread until well mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes or
- Serve warm or cold. Pass cream on the side.
Source: Edmonton Journal - 1995