Down Home Peach Bread Pudding
This recipe won the Betty Crocker Food for the Soul Contest 2000.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups baking mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
(15 ounce) can peaches
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter; set aside.
- Drain peaches; reserve juice.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Place drained peaches in pan.
- Pour can of sweetened
condensed milk over peaches.
- Combine baking mix, cinnamon, vanilla extract, milk and saved juice in a bowl.
Pour over peaches and sweetened condensed milk.
- Add melted butter. Stir only three
- Bake for 15 minutes and score; continue baking for a total of 20 to 25 minutes
or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold with vanilla ice cream.