French Apple Bread Pudding
- 4 cups cubed French bread
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 3/4 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups finely chopped and peeled apples
- Tear or cut up bread and set aside.
- Mix eggs in large bowl.
- Mix in sweetened condensed milk, then add water.
- Stir in butter, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Toss apples into bread cubes.
- Put into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Pour mixture over and let sit until moistened,
pushing down gently with back of wooden spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes.
- Cool and serve warm or cover and refrigerate leftovers.