Frontier Bread Pudding
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 to 4 cups milk
- 3 cups stale bread, cubed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dissolve sugar in 3 cups milk.
- Soak bread cubes for 30 minutes in milk to moisten
- Mix eggs, nutmeg, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour all into a large 9-inch
bread pan or baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with extra granulated sugar and nutmeg.
about one hour in a pan of water.
- Chill bread pudding and serve sitting on a bed
of warm cream.
Variation: Add 1/2 cup raisins with the soaking