Kahlua Scented Chocolate Chip Bread
Pudding with Bourbon Orange Sauce
- 10 large eggs
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Kahlua (coffee flavored liqueur)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 8 cups soft bread, cut into cubes (about 8 large soft buns)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- Bread Pudding: In mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, sugar, vanilla
extract, Kahlua, and cinnamon.
- Stir in chocolate chips and bread cubes. Allow bread to absorb
egg mixture for 5 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake in preheated 375 degrees F oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes or until puffed and center is set.
- Serve warm with bourbon sauce on top.
- Bourbon Sauce: Heat butter in small saucepan.
- Add confectioners' sugar, whisking until smooth.
- Off the heat, add the bourbon and orange juice and zest.
- Return to heat. Stir and cook on low for 2 more minutes until thickened slightly.
- Serve warm over bread pudding.