Lemon Pound Cake Bread Pudding
- 2 butter pound cakes (thawed, if using frozen cakes)
- 8 lemons
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups milk
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Cut pound cake into large cubes, and place in buttered pan.
- Squeeze juice from
lemons over cake.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in bowl until combined.
- Whisk in milk and some lemon zest
if you would like.
- Pour over pound cake; let soak for one hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover pan with foil and bake 45-60 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream and perhaps a little raspberry sauce.