No-Bake Blackberry Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf day-old French bread
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1 cup blackberry syrup
- About 4 cups blackberries
- About 1 cup granulated sugar
- For berry syrup, simmer 1 cup of blackberries with 1/4 cup sugar until thickened.
Strain and cool.
- Lightly butter a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Remove all crust from French bread and
slice long way into 1/2 inch slices. Butter all sides and edges of bread.
a layer of berries into pan followed by a sprinkling of sugar.
- Cut and arrange bread
into the pan for the next layer.
- Repeat layers of berries, sugar and bread until
pan is full.
- Place another loaf pan on top of layers and weigh it down.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- To remove from pan, place pan in warm water for 5 minutes and invert. Slice,
drizzle with berry syrup, top with whipped cream and serve.
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 11/17/2001 6:39 pm.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.