Pan Dulce Pudding with La Lechera Rum Sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk, divided
- 1 (7.6 fluid ounce) can NESTLÉ Media Crema
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 5 Mexican sweet breads (pan dulce), sliced horizontally in half
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- Powdered sugar
- Combine 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk, media crema and rum in medium bowl;
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2-quart baking dish.
- Place one layer sweet bread slices on bottom of prepared dish.
- Sprinkle with half the raisins.
- Repeat process with remaining bread slices and raisins.
- Place milk, butter, cinnamon, remaining sweetened condensed milk and eggs in
blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Pour over sweet bread in dish. Let stand for 10 minutes, pressing down on bread.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until set and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm with La Lechera Rum Sauce.
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 35 min | Servings: 10
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé® and meals.com