Peach Melba Bread Pudding
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups dry bread cubes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (29 ounce) can peach halves
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen red raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Bread Pudding: Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a mixer bowl beat cream cheese and the 2/3 cup sugar with an electric mixer
on medium speed until smooth.
- Add eggs; beat till blended.
- On low speed, beat in milk, Amaretto, lemon peel and vanilla extract.
- Place bread cubes in a greased 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch baking dish; pour egg mixture atop.
- Place peach halves, cut side up, atop egg mixture. (Do not allow egg mixture to flow into
center of peach halves.)
- Spoon 1 teaspoon jam into each peach center.
- Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over peaches.
- Top with almonds.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until set. Cool slightly.
- Serve warm with Raspberry Sauce or with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Raspberry Sauce: Sieve raspberries to remove seeds; discard.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; add raspberries. Cook and
stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
- Stir in raspberry jam and lemon juice.
Makes 8 servings | 1 cup sauce
Source: Better Homes and Garden Cook Book