Peach Pie Filling Bread Pudding
- 4 cups French bread, cubed
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can peach
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, sliced into pieces
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat an 11 x 7-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Spread bread cubes in pan.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, granulated sugar and almond extract.
- Stir in pie filling,
reserving 1/2 cup for use as a topping if desired.
- Pour mixture over bread cubes;
press into bread with back of spoon.
- Combine cinnamon and brown sugar and sprinkle on top of bread mixture.
- Add sliced
almonds and dot with butter.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes until knife inserted in center
comes out clean.
- Serve warm with peach pie filling on top if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate any leftovers for up to 3 days.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional information per serving: 259 calories, 7 grams protein, 50 grams
carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 4 grams fat, 235 milligrams sodium