Peachy Bread Pudding
This is a low-fat dessert.
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) can light sliced peaches, drained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons light margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/3 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon rum flavoring
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Pudding: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with vegetable
- Place bread cubes in dish.
- Add peaches and raisins to bread, mixing gently.
- In a bowl, combine eggs and egg whites with sugar and mix well.
- Add evaporated
milk, skim milk, spices and flavorings; blend well.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over bread and press bread with fork so it will soak up liquid.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Insert knife near center; if it comes out clean, it is done.
- Sauce: Melt margarine in a small saucepan and add flour and sugar, mixing well.
- Add milk, stirring constantly. Cook until mixture comes to a boil; boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in flavoring.
- Serve over hot bread pudding.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bread Pudding Recipes