Peanut Butter-Banana Bread Pudding
- 3 cups day-old bread cubes (1-inch) (about 3 slices)
- 2 medium bananas, sliced (1 to 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine bread, bananas and chips in greased 9-inch
square baking dish; toss to mix.
- Beat eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla extract in medium bowl until blended. Pour over bread
- Bake in center of 350 degrees F oven until knife inserted near center comes out
clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve warm or refrigerate until cold.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 40 to 45 min | Makes: 6 servings
Make Ahead Option: Prepare recipe through step 3. Refrigerate, covered, several
hours or overnight. Increase baking time.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
American Egg Board