Peanut Butter Bread Pudding
with Chocolate Sauce
- 6 ounces torn French or Italian bread, about 4 to 5 cups
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups milk (regular or 2%), divided
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips, optional
- 8 ounces good quality semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Pudding: Butter an 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put torn bread into a medium bowl.
- Beat 3 cups of milk with the 4 eggs and vanilla extract; pour over the bread,
stirring to blend.
- In a saucepan, combine peanut butter, the remaining 1 cup milk and sugars. Heat
the mixture over medium heat until peanut butter is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Blend the peanut butter mixture into the bread mixture.
- Add miniature chocolate chips, if desired.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until set.
- Serve with Chocolate Sauce.
- Chocolate Sauce: Cut chocolate into small pieces and put into a medium bowl;
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine cream, sugar, and corn syrup. Bring to
a full boil, stirring frequently. Pour the hot mixture over the chocolate; stir
until chocolate is melted. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Store the chocolate sauce in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator.
- Heat the sauce over lightly simmering water before serving.
You can freeze any extra sauce in small containers.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bread Pudding Recipes