Peanut Butter Bread Pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 16 slices French bread, cut 3/4-inch thick, crusts removed
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 5 whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a deep 4-quart casserole.
- In a large heavy saucepan, scald milk and cream over moderate heat. Remove from
heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, lightly butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Thickly spread the peanut butter over the butter.
- Arrange the slices in the casserole, peanut butter
side up, overlapping slightly if necessary.
- In a large bowl, beat whole eggs, egg yolks, sugar and salt until well blended.
- Gradually whisk in the milk-cream mixture in a thin stream until well mixed.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Slowly pour the custard mixture evenly over bread slices,
which will float to the top.
- Place casserole in a roasting pan and place in the center of the oven.
- Pour boiling water into the roasting pan to reach halfway up
the sides of the casserole.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the pudding is not quite set in the center.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for at least 30 minutes before
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bread Pudding Recipes