Pie Filling Bread Pudding
- 1 (21 ounce) can pie filling (see note)
- 4 slices day-old bread
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract*
- Cinnamon to taste
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Use a 9 x 13-inch glass casserole for a single batch and a large 10 1/2 x 14-3/4-inch
glass casserole if doubling the recipe.
- Place pie filling in bottom of casserole dish.
- Top with torn bread slices.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Pour melted butter over all.
- In separate bowl, mix eggs, milk, sugar and almond* or vanilla* extract.
Pour over ingredients in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes.
* Use almond extract with cherry, blueberry or peach pie filling. Use vanilla
extract and extra cinnamon if using apple pie filling.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bread Pudding Recipes