Pie Filling Bread Pudding
- 1 (21 ounce) can pie filling (see note)
- 4 slices day-old bread
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract*
- Cinnamon to taste
- Use a 9 x 13-inch glass casserole for a single batch and a large 10 1/2 x 14-3/4-inch
glass casserole if doubling the recipe.
- Place pie filling in bottom of casserole
- Top with torn bread slices.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Pour melted butter
- In separate bowl, mix eggs, milk, sugar and almond* or vanilla* extract.
Pour over ingredients in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for
50 to 60 minutes.
* Use almond extract with cherry, blueberry or peach pie filling. Use vanilla
extract and extra cinnamon if using apple pie filling.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.