Pumpkin Butterscotch Bread Pudding
With sugar, spice and everything nice, this delightful bread pudding is coated
with scrumptious butterscotch morsels for a dessert that’s easy to be thankful for.
And with a flavorful boost of pumpkin, what’s not to love?
- 1 loaf (14 ounces) cinnamon challah bread or cinnamon brioche, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 10 cups)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Vanilla DREYER'S or EDY'S SLOW CHURNED Light Ice Cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Spread bread cubes in single layer on rimmed baking sheets. Bake, tossing occasionally,
for 10 minutes or until dry.
- Beat eggs in large bowl; stir in evaporated milk, pumpkin, 1 cup granulated sugar,
vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. Add bread; toss gently to coat. Transfer
mixture into prepared baking dish; let stand for 30 minutes or until bread is thoroughly
saturated (press down bread occasionally).
- Combine brown sugar with remaining 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and remaining
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle morsels over bread mixture; top with brown sugar
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes (this will allow bread pudding to set).
- Serve warm with ice cream.
Prep Time: 30 min | Cook Time: 55 min
Cooling Time: 30 min | Servings: 12
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé® and meals.com.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bread Pudding Recipes