Raspberry Bread Pudding
with Raspberry Sauce
- 5 cups toasted bread cubes
- 2 1/2 cups scalded milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen raspberries
- Whipped cream for garnish
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- Few drops lemon juice
- Granulated sugar, optional
- 1 tablespoon raspberry liqueur, optional, or use blackberries, Marion berries, loganberries, etc.
- Place toasted bread cubes in slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, mix scaled milk, eggs, egg yolks, sugar, almond extract and
melted butter together.
- Defrost berries; drain off any excess juice and mix berries
with bread cubes.
- Pour milk mixture on top and gently press bread into milk mixture
with the back of a spoon. Do not stir mixture.
- Set slow cooker on LOW, and cook for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream or drizzle with Raspberry Sauce.
- Raspberry Sauce: Defrost raspberries.
- Place raspberries, raspberry jam and lemon
juice into a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth; taste and add sugar,
- Strain through a sieve to remove seeds.
- Add raspberry liqueur, if desired.
- Drizzle sauce over warm Raspberry Bread Pudding.