Raspberry Bread Pudding 2
Warm-n-gooey, soft-n-chewy - try this delicious treat.
- 12 Rhodes Warm-N-Serv™ Soft White Dinner Rolls, baked and day old
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon
- 12 ounces frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 1/2
cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut rolls into 1-inch cubes and place in a large bowl.
- Combine cream, sugar,
egg and vanilla extract. Mix well and pour over roll cubes.
- Let roll mixture stand
for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, to allow cream mixture to absorb completely.
- Combine fruit filling ingredients and mix well.
- Pour 1/2 of the roll mixture
into a sprayed 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Top with fruit filling and remaining roll mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 60-70 minutes. Cover with foil last 30 minutes to prevent
- Vanilla Sauce: Over medium heat melt butter and add flour. Cook about 10 minutes,
but do not brown.
- Add cream and sugar and boil until mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Serve warm over pudding.
Reprinted with permission from
Rhodes International - rhodesbread.com.