Raspberry Jam Bread Pudding
- 3 cups bread cubes, toasted
- 4 eggs, divided
- 4 cups milk, scalded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter,
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam
- Place bread cubes in a two quart casserole.
- Beat two eggs plus two egg yolks,
reserving the two egg whites for the meringue.
- Gradually beat scalded milk into the
- Beat in 1/2 cup of sugar, the salt, vanilla extract and butter.
- Pour milk mixture
over the bread cubes.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 25 minutes.
- Close to the end of the baking time, beat the egg whites until
stiff but not dry.
- Beat in the remaining sugar, one tablespoon at a time until meringue
is stiff and glossy; set aside.
- Remove from oven and spread the jam evenly over top of the pudding.
- Pile meringue
over the jam, making sure to spread the meringue to edge of dish.
- Bake another 15
minutes until the meringue is set.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help maintain Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.