Rhubarb Bread Pudding
- 8 slices bread, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh rhubarb, diced
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut toast into 1/2-inch cubes and place in buttered 2-quart casserole.
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk and butter just to boiling. Pour over toast cubes
and let stand for about 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon and salt and beat together.
- Stir in rhubarb.
- Stir into bread mixture in casserole.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake or approximately 50 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- May be served with poured cream, if desired.
Serves 6 to 8.