The Stock Pot School of Cooking
Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup Bourbon
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 teaspoons pumpkin butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch of salt
- 8 cups cinnamon swirl bread, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter six 10 ounce ramekins or custard cups and
sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Put one teaspoon of pumpkin butter in the bottom of each
cup and set aside on a baking sheet.
- Place cranberries is a small bowl, and cover with warm Bourbon; let soak until
plump, about 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, eggs, granulated sugar, milk, vanilla
extract, spices and salt.
- Toss in the bread cubes, and stir gently to evenly coat;
let stand a few minutes.
- Fold in cranberries. Divide among prepared dishes, pressing down lightly to make
- Bake until custard is set in the center and top is golden, about 40 minutes.
If bread browns too quickly, cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Remove from oven; let cool slightly.
- To serve, unmold onto plates; dust with confectioners' sugar.
Source: Chef Mark Hall, The Stock Pot School of Cooking, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bread Pudding Recipes