The Stock Pot School of Cooking
Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup Bourbon
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 teaspoons pumpkin butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch of salt
- 8 cups cinnamon swirl bread, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter six 10 ounce ramekins or custard cups and
sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Put one teaspoon of pumpkin butter in the bottom of each
cup and set aside on a baking sheet.
- Place cranberries is a small bowl, and cover with warm Bourbon; let soak until
plump, about 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, eggs, granulated sugar, milk, vanilla
extract, spices and salt.
- Toss in the bread cubes, and stir gently to evenly coat;
let stand a few minutes.
- Fold in cranberries. Divide among prepared dishes, pressing down lightly to make
- Bake until custard is set in the center and top is golden, about 40 minutes.
If bread browns too quickly, cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Remove from oven; let cool slightly.
- To serve, unmold onto plates; dust with confectioners' sugar.
Source: Chef Mark Hall, The Stock Pot School of Cooking, Tulsa, Oklahoma
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.