Walnut Fudge Bread Pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups coarse, fresh bread crumbs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, chocolate chips and sugar. Place over low
heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Slowly stir in egg.
- Stir in bread crumbs and walnuts.
- Pour into greased 1-quart baking pan.
- Place pan into a 13 x 9-inch metal baking pan. Set pans on oven rack.
- Pour 1 inch hot water into larger pan, surrounding 1 quart pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean.
Makes 4-6 servings.
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 12/15/2001 8:33 pm.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.