Gingered Orange Cheesecake Ball
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1/3 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons very finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 3 tablespoons toasted coconut
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped toasted macadamia nuts
- Fresh fruit, such as pear slices, apple slices, pineapple wedges, star fruit slices, strawberries
- Toasted pound cake slices and/or shortbread cookies
- Combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, orange peel and orange juice in
a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed about 30 seconds or until
- Stir in ginger.
- Line a 1 1/2- to 2-cup mold with plastic wrap.
- Carefully spoon in cheese mixture, pressing gently; spread top to smooth it.
- Cover and chill for 3 to 24 hours.
- To serve, invert mold onto a serving platter; remove plastic wrap.
- Top with nuts and coconut.
- Serve with fruit and pound cake and/or shortbread cookies.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.